Skip to main content

Tune 478 - Uttoxeter Swing




To quote my chum Helena from whom I got this tune 'Erm… well, this is a tune and it might be from Uttoxeter. I’m afraid my inner folk pedant has failed me on this one and that’s pretty much all I know about this tune, except that is has been adopted by the border morris fraternity in these here parts. Sorry.'

X:478
T:Uttoxeter Swing
M:2/2
L:1/8
K:Em
E2 EF G2 GB|A2 AG FE D2|E2 EF G2 GB|AG FG A4|
E2 EF G2 GB|A2 AG FE D2|E B2 E B2 AG|F2 FG E4:|
B2 BA BA G2|A2 AG AG F2|G2 GF GF E2|F F2 G A4|
B2 BA BA G2|A2 AG AG F2|E B2 E B2 AG|F2 FG E4:|

Comments

  1. I've been trying to find out where this came from for months. Far as I can see it just appeared, fully formed, into the morris vacuum. Hunter's Moon are the earliest users I can find, but they have no idea where they got it from. Sometimes credited to the old Bessels Leigh side, but that's tosh. Great tune, though. I would love to kno the answer.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment